Full Length Lesson Plans from an Elementary School Teacher
Spelling Lesson Plan: Team Spelling
- two pieces of chalk
- two teams of students
- taped starting line on the floor about 10 feet from the blackboard
- Teams are lined up behind the starting line.
- Teacher gives the word, then a sentence using the word, then the students can begin. Example: Teacher says “Any. Any one can correctly spell this word. Go.”
- One student from each team goes to the board and prints the first letter of the word “a”, puts the chalk down, then goes to the back of their team line, while the next person (first one in line now) goes to the board and prints the next letter “n”.
- If a person makes an error, the next person can use their turn to erase the error and print one letter. If there is more than one error, another student must use his turn to change another letter.
- When word is complete, student puts down the chalk, goes to the back of the line and the team sits down.
- TEAM GETS A POINT WHEN THE WORD IS SPELLED CORRECTLY AND THE TEAM IS ALL SEATED.
- Play continues until all spelling words are done.