Full Length Lesson Plans from an Elementary School Teacher
Art Lesson Plan: Tin Can Stilt Walkers
- 2 cans same size (48 oz. tomato/apple juice cans) Have parents cut off one end and rinse out can.
- punch-type can opener to make 2 holes below the rim, straight across from each other
- 6-8 feet of rope or very heavy string.
- Put the 2 holes in both cans.
- Thread rope through the 2 holes.
- Stand on the can and adjust the rope so that you can hold one rope in each hand. Then knot the rope at a comfortable length.
- Practise walking and keeping your balance.
This project is one of Ten Easy Environmentally-Friendly Arts and Crafts Projects:
- Coasters: Mother’s Day, Father’s Day
- Pencil Holder: Mother’s Day, Father’s Day
- Magazine Holder: for siblings, friends, parents
- Shell Butterfly Magnet/Brooch/Barrette: for siblings, friends, parents… (symmetry)
- Bird Feeders: for anyone
- Twig Picture Frame: for anyone
- Handprinted Card: for anyone
- Tin Can Stilt Walkers: for anyone
- Goldfish Bowl: for anyone
- Pop Bottle Terrarium: for anyone