Lesson Plans for Elementary School Students
Full Length Lesson Plans from an Elementary School Teacher
Art Lesson Plan: Christmas Rudolph
Have students make a Christmas Rudolph that mom or dad will love to keep forever. Students trace their foot for the face and trace their hands for the antlers. Big brown eyes and a giant red pompom add the finishing touches. Rudolph glows!
- tracing foot (in shoe)
- tracing right and left hands
- practising reusing (scrap paper)
- scrap brown construction paper for face and irises (centre of eyes)
- scrap light grey or white paper for antlers and eyeballs
- giant red pompoms
- Students trace one shoe on brown construction paper and cut it out.
- Cut out large eyeballs from grey or white paper, and cut out brown irises and glue them on.
- Glue giant red pompom at bottom of Rudolph’s face (at heel of foot).
- Trace right and left hands and cut out.
- Glue “antlers” on back of Rudy’s head (at toe of foot).
- Have students print their names and the date on the back of their reindeer.