Full Length Lesson Plans from an Elementary School Teacher
Art Lesson Plan: Twig Picture Frame
- box cardboard for picture backing and to anchor frame to
- twigs and flowers and nuts (optional) to use as border frame
- white glue
- TEACHER or PARENT uses hot glue gun to glue a tab from a pop can to back of frame, to hang the picture on a wall, or bend and glue the top inch of a triangle piece of cardboard to the back of the frame so that it stands up on a desk. (You can cut the point off the end of the attached frame support.)
- White glue or rubber cement the picture to the centre of the cardboard.
- Leave enough cardboard border to attach a twig frame, then cut off the excess.
- Break twigs so that they fit around the picture, then glue them on. Add flowers, nuts or leaves to the bottom edge or corners for decoration.
This project is one of Ten Easy Environmentally-Friendly Arts and Crafts Projects:
- Coasters: Mother’s Day, Father’s Day
- Pencil Holder: Mother’s Day, Father’s Day
- Magazine Holder: for siblings, friends, parents
- Shell Butterfly Magnet/Brooch/Barrette: for siblings, friends, parents… (symmetry)
- Bird Feeders: for anyone
- Twig Picture Frame: for anyone
- Handprinted Card: for anyone
- Tin Can Stilt Walkers: for anyone
- Goldfish Bowl: for anyone
- Pop Bottle Terrarium: for anyone