Spelling Lesson Plan: Shaving Cream Printing
Practise spelling words in a whole new way…have students write them in shaving cream!!! Students will love this fun game. Use this method to practise spelling words, Dolch words, word wall words, and even the alphabet.
Bonus: hands and desks get clean!!! All you need is a can of shaving cream, a sink full of warm water for cleanup, an old towel or two, and a list of words to practise. This kind of learning never gets boring!
- practise spelling words, Dolch words, word wall words, alphabet
- one can of shaving cream
- sink or container of warm soapy water
- old towel or two to dry hands and clean desks
- Spray small amount of shaving cream for each student, on their desk. Student smooths it out so that it covers an area large enough to print their spelling word. It will have to be “renewed” two or three times during a session.
- Teacher calls out the word or letter, or gets students to print the alphabet, gives them time to print it, then asks for a student to spell it or recite it.
- Students check their work, then “erase” it with their hand, then print the next one teacher gives them.
- After lesson, students wash their hands and use towel or cloth to wash their desktops.